Dental Bridges in Orange, CA
Here at Orange Premier Dental, our team uses dental bridges to address a variety of dental problems and issues. To learn more about this solution and if it’s right for you, contact us today.
What are Dental Bridges?
A dental bridge is a cosmetic dentistry procedure used to replace a missing tooth. To create a dental bridge, we’ll build two or more crowns to cover the teeth on either side of the gap. These become the anchoring teeth that hold a custom-made false tooth (or teeth) in place between them.
The result is a natural rebuild that matches the surrounding teeth and blends seamlessly into the mouth. Dental bridges are a permanent solution that restores a healthy bite and helps maintain the natural shape of the face and jaw.
Here at Orange Premier Dental, we build dental bridges for clients who want to replace a missing tooth without wearing uncomfortable, bulky dentures or undergoing surgery. As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Elgamal will make sure that the new tooth looks and feels amazing.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Bridges?
Are you considering getting dental bridges in Orange, CA? Patients who are good candidates for dental bridges meet the following criteria:
- One or more missing teeth that have fallen out, been extracted, or simply never came in.
- Good general oral health.
- The presence of strong and healthy teeth on either side of the missing tooth or teeth. (If those teeth are weak or compromised, Dr. Elgamal may perform a root canal or restorative dentistry to strengthen them and prepare them to be anchor teeth..
Since bridges are custom-made solutions, they are suitable for people with all sorts of mouth shapes and dental arches.
The Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer a host of benefits. Here are a few of the most pronounced:
- Dental bridges restore the smile and help patients feel more confident.
- Dental bridges can restore or improve chewing by providing a strong, permanent chewing surface. Since they are a permanent solution, they also prevent food particles from collecting in the empty socket and causing gum damage.
- If you’ve lost several teeth, you may have difficulty speaking. Fortunately, dental bridges can improve speech patterns and make speaking easier and more natural.
- Dental bridges maintain the natural shape of the face and can prevent jawbone deterioration associated with dental decay and tooth loss.
- Dental bridges improve the health of other teeth in the mouth by preventing other teeth from shifting and reducing the likelihood of further tooth loss.
The Dental Bridge Procedure
Dental bridges are a form of restorative cosmetic dentistry. The process takes several weeks to complete from start to finish. Here’s a breakdown of the steps you can expect from our team:
First Appointment: Tooth Preparation and Placement of Temporary Bridge
Second Appointment: Placement of the Permanent Bridge
Orange Premier Dental:
Your Source for Dental Bridges in Orange, CA
You don’t have to live with missing teeth forever. With our leading restorative dentistry services, you can enjoy a permanent, custom-made bridge that enhances your smile and improves your life.